Being registered with us is a statutory requirement for:
- school teachers (QTS required to register as a school teacher)
- school learning support workers
- independent school teachers
- independent school learning support workers
- further education (FE) teachers
- FE learning support workers
- independent special post-16 institution teachers
- independent special post-16 institution support workers
- work-based learning practitioners
- youth workers ( mandatory qualification required, or working towards a qualification)
- youth support workers ( mandatory qualification required, or working towards a qualification)
Employers have a legal obligation to make sure that their employees are registered with us before they start work. This applies to employees working full-time, part-time (including hourly), or supply.
Registrants must be registered in the correct category for the type of work that they do or intend to do.
Read the guidance for employers on the registration of: