Important information for registrants
Whichever registration group you belong to, you need to ensure that you have everything in place in order to practise for the new academic year.
We have provided an essential checklist to prepare you for returning to work following the summer break.
Are you registering for the first time?
- You need to complete a registration form as soon as possible. Registration application forms are available via the
- we try to process applications within three to five working days, but it can take longer at busy times of the year. Incomplete forms or missing documentation can mean that processing takes longer.
- If you have not submitted your registration form for 2018/19 academic year you need to do so as a matter of urgency.
If you've already registered:
- If you need to register in another or a new category, please contact us so we can send you the appropriate application form.
Once registered it is important to note:
- there are seven registration categories. You may have to register in more than one category, whilst you only pay one fee you do need to ensure the correct category is shown on your record.
- If you are a Newly Qualified Teacher you cannot start your induction period in Wales without being registered with the EWC.
Important information for employers
It’s your responsibility to check that all your staff, especially new starters, are registered with us in the correct categories BEFORE they start work. You can do this online here and selecting the ‘Employer’ option.
We are arranging visits to employers through the autumn. Our staff will be contact with you shortly.