Moving from non-racist to anti-racist practice: promoting racial equity in education
in collaboration with BAMEed Wales
25 November 2021, 9:30am-12:30pm
The EWC, in collaboration with BAMEed Network Wales, is pleased to invite you to an online event exploring the inspirational and innovative work being done across Wales to:
- integrate the lived experiences and contributions of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic peoples in the new curriculum
- support educators in dealing with issues surrounding race
- work towards diversifying the education workforce; an
- promote positive culture change and anti-racist practice across education settings.
The event will feature a keynote from Professor Charlotte Williams, whose work has been pivotal to pushing forward these ambitions. We'll also host a fascinating talk with Sathnam Sanghera, author of bestseller The Boy with the Topknot.
Co-chaired by Dr Susan Davis and Chantelle Haughton of BAMEed Network Wales, this event will inform the development of a series of twilight sessions which will take place early in 2022. It's a national opportunity for educators and those working in an education environment from all walks of life to learn about ways to promote race equity and put inclusive and anti-racist practice into action in their settings.
Developing the professionally-led education system in Wales: Leading educational improvement during and beyond the pandemic
In partnership with Swansea University's School of Education
On 28 April 2021, expert in education change, Dr Carol Campbell gave a masterclass in developing the professionally-led education system in Wales.
With a focus on leading educational improvement during and beyond the pandemic, the event explored:
- what a professionally-led education system looks like, and the complexities of developing it during a pandemic;
- the impact of the crisis on educators’ professional lives so far, and priorities for attention;
- ways to support leadership development, professional learning and practice to support better outcomes for learners both now and in the future; and
- key goals for the upcoming school year.