Education Workforce Council

Tel: 029 2046 0099 | Email: | Twitter link@ewc_cga | yt icon mono dark YouTube

From 1 January, any school teacher who qualified outside Wales but wants to work in Wales as a qualified school teacher can apply to have their qualifications recognised by the EWC. This is due to legislative changes introduced following the end of the Brexit transition period.

All school teachers working, or intending to work in Wales have to be recognised as qualified school teachers and be registered with us.

Find out more about applying for recognition