The EWC regulates education professionals in Wales, with a public Register of over 80,000, covering school and FE lecturers, school and FE learning support staff, work-based learning practitioners and qualified youth / youth support workers.
Over the last three years, the number of our registrants has more than doubled, and we now need additional practitioners from all our registrant groups to sit as panel members and make important decisions about their peers’ fitness to practise. This means, hearing cases about professional misconduct, incompetence or criminal offences, and deciding upon the suitability of those applying for EWC registration.
We are looking to appoint up to:
- ten school teachers;
- eight FE lecturers;
- ten school learning support workers;
- five FE learning support workers;
- four work based learning practitioners;
- three qualified youth workers; and
- three qualified youth support workers.
You will need the support of your employer as panel members need to commit to approximately 12 days per year. We also reimburse your employer for your time. Full training is provided.
You can download the application pack here:
- Role description: docx or pdf
- Expected behaviours and skills: docx or pdf
- Application form: docx or pdf
You can find out more about our Fitness to practise work here.
Watch a short video explaining why we need registrants to help us with this important work.
The closing date for applications is Monday, 12 March 2018.